Re: Create jpg image files of mathematical equations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102549] Re: Create jpg image files of mathematical equations
  • From: asdf qwerty <bradc355113 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 03:21:43 -0400 (EDT)

I think the following should be close to what you want. Note that png
files will be both smaller and higher quality than jpg files -- it's
an easy change (see comment in the code for what to change).

makePicture[
  op_, m_, n_, showAns : (True | False),
  font_String, fontSize_, bkcolor_
  ] :=
 Export[
  FileNameJoin[{ (* construct filename *)
    NotebookDirectory[],(* output in same dir as current notebook *)
    StringJoin @@
     Flatten[{
       ToString[op],
       IntegerString[#, 10, 2] & /@ {m, n, op[m, n]},
       ToString[showAns],
       ".jpg" (* ".png" *)
       }]
    }],
  Style[ (* format equation *)
   TraditionalForm[
    HoldForm[op[m, n]] ==
     If[showAns, op[m, n], Style[op[m, n], bkcolor]]
    ],
   fontSize,
   FontFamily -> font,
   Background -> bkcolor
   ]
  ]

Do[makePicture[Plus, m, n, ans, "Arial", 72, LightGray],
 {m, 1, 3}, {n, 1, 3}, {ans, {True, False}}]

Do[makePicture[Subtract, m, n, ans, "Arial", 72, LightGray],
 {m, 1, 4}, {n, 1, m}, {ans, {True, False}}]

Do[makePicture[Times, m, n, ans, "Arial", 72, LightGray],
 {m, 1, 3}, {n, 1, 3}, {ans, {True, False}}]

Do[makePicture[Divide, m, n, ans, "Arial", 72, LightGray],
 {m, 1, 4}, {n, Divisors[m]}, {ans, {True, False}}]

-Brad