Re: ClearAll ?? or what
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg102852] Re: ClearAll ?? or what
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:33:26 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <h788qn$bgs$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de> wrote: > > The problem (a minor one) is that if you do this, then the first time > > you execute such a notebook in a newly opened Mathematica session, you > > will get the "error" message: > > > > Remove::rmnsm: There are no symbols matching "Global`*". >> > a message is a message and an error is an error. I think this is not > meant to be an error message, but a warning message, and I think it is I guess my mistake was to click the ">>" at the end of this warnng/message/"error"/whatever, which took me to the Mathematica documentation for Remove::rmnsm, in which I read, quote: "An error occurs if there are no symbols with names that match the string pattern given in the argument of Remove"