Re: Simple Spreadsheet within Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105390] Re: Simple Spreadsheet within Mathematica?
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 04:12:28 -0500 (EST)

Thomas Melehan wrote:
> Has anyone developed a simple spreadsheet application that works within Mathematica?  It would be a useful tool.
>

> Thanks
>
> Tom Melehan

As someone else pointed out a while back, there is an undocumented
function TableView, which is presumably under development, and will
appear at some point.  Obviously, anything you develop using this, may
(at the very least) need amending at the next version - it is, after
all, undocumented!

It is also possible to display a scrollable table of data in a Java
window. The easiest way to do this, is to download my (free) Super
Widget Package, and use SuperWidgetTree - there is an example in the
documentation.

Spread sheets include a lot of extra functionality, and yet another
option is to link to XL itself:

http://www.wolfram.com/products/applications/excel_link/

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk