Strange saving of TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105542] Strange saving of TraditionalForm
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:43:19 -0500 (EST)

Dear Community,

I regularly face with a very boring problem. I make documents for
educational purposes working in Math6 Windows 7. Documents are done
using the StyleSheet JournalArticle. They often contain various inline,
displayed and displayed numbered formula. All of them are written down
as it is usually done in scientific texts, e.g. in the traditional form.
The latter is an important point, since these documents are assumed to
may be used by people with no idea of Mathematica, and they should not
be confused by a somewhat unusual notation. On the other hand making the
documents within the Mathematica (rather than any other redactor) is
defined by my wish to keep all my In-Out cells within these documents
(though in a hidden form).

Ok, now comes two problems:

1. When I save the document, a message pops up informing me that the
document has some text in TraditionalForm, and will be rewritten. And
indeed the traditional form part is rewritten after OK is clicked. The
more is that I never managed to restore it into the traditional form by
say, choosing  Menu/Cell/ConvertTo/TraditionalForm. The funny thing is
that it happens not each time, but once out of three - four trials.

2. Sometimes the cell containing a mathematical expression is not
completely rewritten into say, InputForm, but if the formula contains
several symbols with sub- and superscripts (note that I have introduced
this in the traditional form) the latter is nevertheless re-written by
Mathematica  as Superscript[a,b]. It typically takes additional time and
requires a rearrangement of the expression to avoid such a form.

It takes a hell of time, that I do not have. It is extremely boring.

I would be grateful for any idea.

Regards, Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.