Re: Strange saving of TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105572] Re: [mg105542] Strange saving of TraditionalForm
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 05:44:43 -0500 (EST)

It sounds like you're creating and/or saving package files.  This is the
behavior you'd expect from packages (which save this way because they live in a
plain-text, kernel-evaluatable world), but not from regular notebooks.

Does the filename have the extension .m?  That would be a package file.

Either way, I suggest that you create a new notebook (File->New->Notebook),
select all cells in the old notebook, copy, and paste into the new notebook.
Then set your stylesheet, make your corrections, and save.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group