3D graphics rendering is slow (Nvidia Quadro card)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105548] 3D graphics rendering is slow (Nvidia Quadro card)
  • From: Robinaut <robin.gruna at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:44:25 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm running Mathematica 7.0.1 on a brand-new workstation (Intel Core
i7) and Windows 7 64-bit.

When I resize and rotate a simple 3D graphic, e.g., Plot3D[Sin[x
y],...], the rendering is slow and jerky. The same 3D graphic can be
rotated and resized on my old laptop without any problems.

I set the "GraphicsRenderingEngine" option to "Hardware" but without
success.

My graphics card is a Nvidia Quadro FX 580.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with a Nvidia Quadro card?

Regards,

Robin