Buttons and Overwriting a Cell

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105545] Buttons and Overwriting a Cell
  • From: Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:43:52 -0500 (EST)

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a button that will produce a 2x2 table of random integers, which I think I've succeeded in doing with the following.

Button["Hit Me", Print[TableForm[{{RandomInteger[{2,12}], RandomInteger[{2,12}]},
{RandomInteger[{2,12}], RandomInteger[{2,12}]}},
TableHeadings->{Automatic,Automatic}]]]

I'd also like it to overwrite any existing table that it has produced on a previous click.  I know I need to set CellAutoOverwrite to True, but I'm not sure how to work that into my Button statement.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards,

	Gregory