unreadable text in Demonstration projects

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105549] unreadable text in Demonstration projects
  • From: fusc sub <sub.fusc00 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:44:37 -0500 (EST)

I'm not a Mathematica user (so far), but wanted to have a look at it,
so I tried to look at the Demonstration Project examples.

I downloaded a random sample (EulerProductForTheZetaFunction.nbp)  and
installed Mathematica Player 7.
Trouble is, the font in the display is far too small to read all the
notation, especially in the part of the text that follows the
interactive graph.
It seems that the font is hardwired in the code, because resetting my
screen DPI to enlarge the fonts changed every application's appearance
EXCEPT for the NBP example.

Something is missing. I need to adjust the scaling of the whole
display (like the Zoom In command in Firefox), but there is no such
option in Mathematica Player's very simple menu.   Without this,  the
examples are unreadable and therefore useless.  Is there some work-
around?

subfusc