Re: Curve-fitting,

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105649] Re: [mg105628] Curve-fitting,
  • From: Syd Geraghty <sydgeraghty at me.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 05:39:44 -0500 (EST)

Dear Mohamed,

Thank you for your generous contribution to the Mathematica body of work available for all to benefit from.

I have downloaded your notebook and read briefly the PDF and tried the notebook with Mathematica V7.0.1 and Mathematica V5.2.

There are a few compatibility issues with both my versions which appear minor and easily fixed.

What version of Mathematica are you using?

It looks like Mathematica 5.

Once again Thanks!

Cheers .... Syd

Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.

sydgeraghty at mac.com

Mathematica 7.0.1.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64 - bit) (12th September 2009)
MacOS X V 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM

On Dec 12, 2009, at 3:55 AM, Mohamed Al-Dabbagh wrote:

> Dear Mathematicians, Statisticians and Scientists Everywhere,
>
> After 6 months of intensive work, I put between your hands a new
> project of research about the Relative Goodness-of-fit. This project
> addresses an important problem of how to choose the best fit from
> amongst a lot of available models in hand. The outcome is =CE=B7-Index
> which is a score ranging between 100 for the exact fit and 0 for the
> trivial fit.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh (B.Sc. Mech. Eng.)
Mathematics and Physics Teacher
Pakistan School Sanaa