Re: Curve-fitting,

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105654] Re: Curve-fitting,
  • From: Mohamed Al-Dabbagh <mohamed_al_dabbagh at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 00:05:10 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 13, 12:49 pm, Syd Geraghty <sydgerag... at me.com> wrote:
> Dear Mohamed,
>
> Thank you for your generous contribution to the Mathematica body of work =
available for all to benefit from.

> I have downloaded your notebook and read briefly the PDF and tried the no=
tebook with Mathematica V7.0.1 and Mathematica V5.2.

> There are a few compatibility issues with both my versions which appear m=
inor and easily fixed.

> What version of Mathematica are you using?
>
> It looks like Mathematica 5.
>
> Once again Thanks!
>
> Cheers .... Syd
>
> Syd Geraghty B.Sc, M.Sc.
>
> sydgerag... at mac.com
>
> Mathematica 7.0.1.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64 - bit) (12th September 2009)
> MacOS X V 10.6.1 Snow Leopard
> MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo  2GB RAM
>
> On Dec 12, 2009, at 3:55 AM, Mohamed Al-Dabbagh wrote:
>
> > Dear Mathematicians, Statisticians and Scientists Everywhere,
>
> > After 6 months of intensive work, I put between your hands a new
> > project of research about the Relative Goodness-of-fit. This project
> > addresses an important problem of how to choose the best fit from
> > amongst a lot of available models in hand. The outcome is =CE=B7-In=
dex
> > which is a score ranging between 100 for the exact fit and 0 for the
> > trivial fit.
>
> Mohamed Al-Dabbagh (B.Sc. Mech. Eng.)
> Mathematics and Physics Teacher
> Pakistan School Sanaa
> Republic of Yemen
> Fax: +967-1-243-673
> Mobile: +967-7117-0-4224

Thank you for posting this. I am glad you found that useful. Only tell
me what are the compatibility issues you encountered such that I write
that in the website when I upgrade it next time.

And, you are most welcome.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh