Re: Repeat Data reading in one file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105776] Re: Repeat Data reading in one file
  • From: graser <graser at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 06:23:45 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 17, 7:27 am, Bill Rowe <readn... at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 12/16/09 at 6:17 AM, gra... at gmail.com (graser) wrote:
>
> >I am posting my question..
> >The question is
> >I have multiple files with following data structure..
> >Header..1
> >Header..2 1 3.12
> >2. 2.54
>
> You haven't asked a question nor made it clear what you want to
> do with the files you describe. Perhaps all you need is a
> pointer on how to read these files with Mathematica. If so, the
> function likely to be most useful to you is Import. Probably
>
> Import[filename,"Table"]
>
> will work. For details on using Import see the online
> documentation available in the Documentation Center.

Hi

I am sorry that I wasn't clear to make my question.

My question was

1. Each data file has same structure like above..
2. I want to take out only Numbers or I want to skip headers or
comments.
3. In each file, there are a couple of lines of header 1 and multiple
data repeats with header 2.
But the number of repetition is different in different file.
4. So I want to save only the number data with mathematica..
5. Import is not working at all..
6. Tried to with script..
7. Need you guys..help!

I hope it is more clear than before..