NIntegrate with Numeric Matrix Function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105791] NIntegrate with Numeric Matrix Function
  • From: akovalev at physics.ucla.edu
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:25:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I have a function defined via SetDelayed (:=) with _?NumberQ in the
argument to speed up integration. It works fine when the result of the
function is a scalar.
However, when the result of the function is a vector I get an error
"Integrand is not numerical". I know that removing _?NumberQ solves the
problem but then integration becomes 3 times slower.

Is there a way to let NIntegrate know that it should expect a vector as an
input?