Detect automatically chosen value for PlotRange in Epilog?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105793] Detect automatically chosen value for PlotRange in Epilog?
  • From: Chris Rodgers <see-rodgers-org-uk-for-contact-details at invalid.gg>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:26:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I want to add some arrows to a plot, like this:

Plot[0, {x, -5, 5},
  Epilog -> {Red, Arrow[{{#, 0}, {#, 1}}] & /@ Range[-10, 500]}]

When plotting more complicated functions, can I detect inside Epilog
what value Mathematica chose for the PlotRange?

I looked at AbsoluteOptions[...], but I don't know how to get the handle
for the currently plotting graphics object.

My aim is to restrict my arrow drawing so that I only attempt to draw
arrows that will actually appear in the plot. I hope this will speed
things up.

Thanks,

Chris.