CellChangeTimes?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105800] CellChangeTimes?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 06:27:35 -0500 (EST)

CellChangeTimes seems to be a new field that's been added, or at least
shows up, when you apply Show Expression to a cell.

For me at least, and the way I use Mathematica, it doesn't seem to be
anything I'll ever want to use or know about, and after a while it adds
an immense amount of distracting clutter to the results of Show
Expression (and presumably takes up a bit of unnecessary file space in
each notebook).

Any easy way to turn this capability off or eliminate it (at the deepest
and most permanent and most global level that is reasonably possible)?
-- or at least to suppress the display?

Any potential harmful effects to doing this, that may not be immediately
evident?