Re: MathematicaMark7 compare with AMD 3.2 GHz

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105846] Re: MathematicaMark7 compare with AMD 3.2 GHz
  • From: Antti Penttilä@smc.vnet.net
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 06:55:04 -0500 (EST)

Jonas Stein wrote:
> i run SystemInformation[] and then Benchmark on my PC.
> The results were:
>
> System:	Linux x86 (32-bit)
> Date:	December 16, 2009
> Mathematica Version:	7.0.1
> Benchmark Result:	0.63
>

> Comparing to the other PC in the Reportlist my system seems to be very slow.
>
> My PC is a AMD 3.2 GHz XP 64 CPU with 2 GB RAM.
> Anything i could check why it is so slow?

Your system seems slow. Could you check which tests were particularly
time-consuming with your computer, compared to others in test. I
remember that with some version change (maybe from 5 to 6) Mathematica
updated the core mathematical library (from Intel) that is used for
certain floating-point operations. The library was not optimized to some
AMD-processor and the Mathematica performance on my PC at the time
decreased quite much.

BR,
Antti