Split Screen

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg96046] Split Screen
  • From: "Jeff Albert" <albertj001 at>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:31:35 -0500 (EST)

Help Appreciated.

The code below is my attempt to "draw" the following:

Split screen experiment showing the areas accessible to particles coming in
from the left of vertical axis and leaving to the right through two slits,
one at y= 4, the other at y= -4

The upper set of crossed lines represents the area accessible to particles
coming in from the slit at y=4.  The lower set represents the area
accessible to particles coming in from the slit at y= -4.

I want to shade the area where the upper and lower accessible areas (on both
sides of the vertical)  do not  intersect.

As you can see what I have done so far is exactly the opposite, shading the
area where they do intersect.

In addition I would like to eliminate all graph numbers, as well as the x
axis, and to have the lower set of crossed lines dashed instead of solid.

Can someone help?

f1[x_]= a+.4*(b*x)
f3[x_]= a1+.4*(b*x)

Jeff Albert