Re: Log[x]//TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg96058] Re: Log[x]//TraditionalForm
  • From: "Jaccard Florian" <Florian.Jaccard at>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 05:17:18 -0500 (EST)

If you just want to have a traditionalform output, you can do it like
this :

MakeBoxes[Log[a_], TraditionalForm] := RowBox[{"ln(", a, ")"}]

Afterwards, all the traditionalform ouptuts will write ln(x) instead of

But I'm not sure that it is a good idea... Maybe we better just get used
to the Mathematica habits!