Re: Mathematica 7 benchmarks on Suse 11

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96107] Re: Mathematica 7 benchmarks on Suse 11
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 04:39:22 -0500 (EST)

On Feb 4, 3:37 am, guerom00 <guero... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm running Mathematica 7 on a Suse 11.1 machine (an Intel Core i7).
> Unfortunately, the benchmarking tool does not work... The evaluation
> starts and stops immediately with a beep.
> A "What the beep ?" tells me "The kernel Local has quit (exited)
> during the course of an evaluation". Nothing in the Messages window...
>
> Thanks in advance.

There should be the package file containing the code for the
benchmarking programs in a directory where Mathematica is stored. On
my Mac version 7 it is in a file called Benchmarking.m in the folder
named

      /Applications/Mathematica.app/AddOns/Packages/Benchmarking

You could try to extract the tests from this file to run and see
exactly where it is croaking. HTH...

-Bob