Re: Options for Eigenvalues

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96140] Re: [mg96100] Options for Eigenvalues
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 04:13:39 -0500 (EST)

Options, Definition, or Information show that Eigenvalues has the option
Method. For example,

Options[Eigenvalues]

{Cubics->False,Method->Automatic,Quartics->False}

Enter an invalid Method

Eigenvalues[{{a, b}, {c, d}}, Method -> Wrong];

Eigenvalues::emeth: The method specified by Method -> Wrong should be
either Automatic or Arnoldi. >>

It appears that the only valid Method values are Automatic or Arnoldi

Bob Hanlon