Re: Default Symbol Names in Package Functions

Hi David,

> 2) If I have a somewhat more general function foo[expression_,
> var_:Global`x] where some tests are done on expression in terms of the
> variable x, then when I try to document this in a Version 6 function page,
> it doesn't work. That is because any expression in x in the documentation
> page will have a special CellContext that does not match Global`x.

another note: as you sure remember, all Mathematica functions that work
on expressions in terms of a variable (Integrate, Plot,...) will demand
the symbol name to be given, and probably the problems you have seen are
one of the reasons for that.

albert