- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg96157] Re: [mg96143] Directory
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 03:37:51 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200902060914.EAA03197@smc.vnet.net>
Hi Hans, > Directory gives the name of the Mathematica working directory. > Is there a possibility to get the name of the directory in > which the notebook file is located? > For example: I neet to import data files into Mathematica, > and the data files are located in the same directory as the > notebook file itself. If I use absolute pathnames, importing > will not work if the notebook and the data files are moved to > a different directory. If you're using a version >= 6, you can use SetDirectory@NotebookDirectory; to do this. If you're not, then the answer's in this group's archives. Regards, Dave.
- From: hmalissa <firstname.lastname@example.org>