Re: Bad Laplace Transform
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg96176] Re: Bad Laplace Transform
- From: "Chris H. Fleming" <chris_h_fleming at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 03:55:21 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Feb 6, 4:11 am, "Chris H. Fleming" <chris_h_flem... at yahoo.com> wrote: > When I try to inverse Laplace transform > > 1/(sqrt(s)-r) > > from L[f](s) to f(t), I believe the result is generally incorrect. > > Upon transforming back to the Laplace domain Mathematica does not give > the original function unless the constant 'r' is real and nonpositive. > > I've tried this in Mathematica 6 and 7. After some more checking, I think the inverse Laplace transform is ok, but obviously something bad is happening when I reapply the Laplace transform and do not get the original function.