Re: Time Series Simulations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96166] Re: Time Series Simulations
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 03:39:42 -0500 (EST)

On 2/6/09 at 4:10 AM, speedex at gmail.com (......) wrote:

>Is it possible to perform time series analysis and simulation with
>Mathematica 7 without having to buy add-ons?

Yes. I doubt there is any mathematical analysis or data analysis
task you can think of that cannot be accomplished with
Mathematica without buying any additional add-ons. However, it
would not be difficult to think of tasks that would require
considerable coding in Mathematica to accomplish. Afterall, the
add-ons you can buy for Mathematica are typically written in
Mathematica code. So, what exactly is it you want to accomplish
and how much of your time/effort are you willing to spend to
accomplish it?