Problem importing HTML with Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96280] Problem importing HTML with Mathematica
  • From: Julio <oiluj1 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:56:50 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

I had a Mathematica program that, among other things, had to import
html code from a web site.

Recently they made some changes in the web site and the program is not
importing properly anymore. Instead of getting the source html code I
would see with my internet browser I am just getting a simplified
version of it (with no html syntax at all).

I do not know what may have changed, but as a guess, it seems to me as
if the web site realized that it is not a proper internet browser the
one who is connecting and therefore it is sending back a simplified
version of the page.

As an example, you can just run:
Import["http://www.atpworldtour.com/5/en/vault/draws.asp?TournamentID=\352&TournamentYear=1993";]

Thanks a lot for your support,