Re: Something for this list

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96255] Re: Something for this list
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:52:10 -0500 (EST)

Well, I'm not going to try and build the tool but I think Mathematica
can come quite close with a couple of standard tools, foremost of
which is the new v7 BubbleChart in combination with Manipulate.
CountryData contains (among many other bits of information)
information on GDP, birth rate, population size and life expectancy.
However, birth rate and life expectancy are available only for a
single year so many of the charts in the TED talk can be done for a
single year only.

Cheers -- Sjoerd