Re: Help! About drawing a high-precision 3D graph

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96378] Re: Help! About drawing a high-precision 3D graph
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:40:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

assuming you have a monitor with 1920*1080 pixels
how many digits in the difference of two points
can you display in x and y direction (?), 3--4 right ??

Moreover all graphic cards work internal with floats (32 bit).
Only the latest nVidia card are able to use doubles (64 bit)
but not for drawing.

So buy a monitor with more than 192000 *1080000 pixels and
a graphic card the support that resolution.

Regards
   Jens