Re: switching axes in Plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96361] Re: [mg96310] switching axes in Plot?
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 06:37:13 -0500 (EST)

John,

Use ParametricPlot instead of Plot. Like this:

ParametricPlot[{Sin[x], x}, {x, 0, 2 \[Pi]}]

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: John.Finnigan at csiro.au [mailto:John.Finnigan at csiro.au]

When using Plot to plot F[x] as a function of x, Mathematica automatically =
assigns the independent variable x to the horizontal axis and the dependent=
 variable F[x] to the horizontal.  I often want to switch this around so th=
at the independent variable runs on the vertical axis and the dependent on =
the horizontal.  I feel sure there ought to be a simple way to tell Plot to=
 make this change but I have never found it and instead have resorted to co=
nvoluted approaches.  Can anyone tell me what the simple trick is, if it ex=
ists?
Thanks
John Finnigan