Fw: New free introductory book on Mathematica programming, and a few

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96544] Fw: [mg96352] New free introductory book on Mathematica programming, and a few
  • From: "fizzy" <fizzycist at knology.net>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:56:02 -0500 (EST)

Several months ago someone posted the question of why use Mathematica
over other software and that he had to make a presentation at his
University to convince them to continue with Mathematica.......while
looking at Leonard Shifrin's website I noticed that in the appendix of
his tutorial there is a section entitled....

"What is so special about Mathematica (a personal evaluation)".....

http://www.mathprogramming-intro.org/book/node66.html

I enjoyed reading this and thought it might be valuable to others....

thanks...Jerry blimbaum