Re: Re: Re: Scalar plot in 3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg96647] Re: [mg96473] Re: [mg96409] Re: Scalar plot in 3D
  • From: Franco Milicchio <franco.milicchio at>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:24:00 -0500 (EST)

On Feb 14, 2009, at 12:49pm, David Park wrote:

> Franco,
> Most of the color gradient functions have a scale that goes from 0
> to 1. For
> precise control you can use ColorFunctionScaling -> False, and then
> use
> Rescale on the coloring variable to make it fit that domain.
> David Park

Thanks, this did the right job! This is my code given radii r and R,
and a list { {u, v}->scalarValue }:

   {(R + r*Cos[v]) Sin[u],
    (R + r*Cos[v]) Cos[u],
  {u, 0, 2 Pi},
  {v, 0, 2 Pi},
  ColorFunction -> Function[{x, y, z, u, v}, Hue[First[Nearest[vals,
  ColorFunctionScaling -> False,
  Mesh -> 19,
  MeshStyle -> Gray

I rescaled the field with Rescale[] as you suggested. Do you have any
suggestion on how to improve this code?

Franco Milicchio <franco.milicchio at>

DiS - Dept. of Studies on Structures
DIA - Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
University Roma Tre