Re: pfa2pfb

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96695] Re: pfa2pfb
  • From: David <David.B.A.Epstein at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:38:17 -0500 (EST)

On 20 Feb, 10:47, Jens-Peer Kuska <ku... at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in Mathematica 5.2,6.0 and 7.0 the TEXMF root for you is at:
>
> $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/IncludeFiles/TeX/texmf
>
> Add this to the TEXMF roots of your teTeX.
> teTeX uses typical an environment variable for that and finaly
> rehash it, to update the data base.

I did this by editing my texmf.cnf. Here is the result:

% kpsewhich -expand-var='$TEXMF'
{!!/Users/dbae/.texmf-config,!!/Users/dbae/.texmf-var,/Users/dbae/
texmf,/Applications/Mathematica\ 5.2.app/SystemFiles/IncludeFiles/TeX/
texmf,!!/opt/local/share/texmf-config,!!/opt/local/share/texmf-var,!!/
opt/local/share/texmf,!!/opt/local/share/texmf-local,!!/opt/local/
share/texmf-dist}

Note that the Mathematica texmf has a space in the directory name. I
dealt with this by putting some number of backslashes into the entry
for  Mathematica's texf in texmf.cnf. I hope that  kpsewhich's report
is what should be expected.

> and the map file is at
>
> $TopDirectory/SystemFiles/IncludeFiles/TeX/texmf/dvips/config/wolfram.map

Yes, I see the two map files, but I don't know how to use this
information. I ran updmap as root, thinking this would fix the
situation. However, when I run dvips on the relevant dvi file,
I still get the error message dvips: Font Mathematica2Mono used
in file 232.eps is not in the mapping file.

Am I supposed to edit updmap.cfg by hand? But it's not clear to me
what to put into updmap.cfg. None of the map file names in updmap.cfg
seem to be qualified by their pathnames. So how does dvips get this
information?

Am I supposed to run updmap after editiing updmap.cfg? And then
texhash??

Thanks
David