Re: Front end tokens and window maximization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95128] Re: Front end tokens and window maximization
  • From: Jason Evans <jason at bluejalapeno.com>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 04:10:42 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 6, 4:10 am, Jason Evans <ja... at bluejalapeno.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is anywhere to get a list of all of the front
> end tokens?  I know you can see the key mappings and menu mappings in
> the MenuSetup.tr and KeyEventTranslations.tr files, but there are many
> front end tokens not listed in these files.
>
> Also, does anyone know the front end token for window maximization?
> Thanks to this forum, I have found the one for minimization:
>
> FrontEndTokenExecute[nb, "WindowMiniaturize"]
>
> Does anyone know a similar one for maximization?  Of course, having a
> list of all tokens would make life much easier!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

I should add that I'm interested in a command for maximization because
I sometimes like to work with windows with "ThinFrame" or no frame,
and there's no way to maximize these windows outside of the frame
control buttons.  I added a menu item which pretty much does it (but
doesn't take the frame size into account, so this only works perfectly
with "ThinFrame" currently:

        Item["Maximize Window",
            KernelExecute[
                Module[{screenWidthList, ScreenHeightList,
screenWidth, screenHeight},
                    screenWidthList = Options[$FrontEnd,
ScreenInformation][[1]][[2]][[1]][[1]][[2]][[1]];
                    screenHeightList = Options[$FrontEnd,
ScreenInformation][[1]][[2]][[1]][[1]][[2]][[2]];
                    screenWidth = screenWidthList[[2]] -
screenWidthList[[1]];
                    screenHeight = screenHeightList[[2]] -
screenHeightList[[1]];
                    SetOptions[SelectedNotebook[],
                        WindowSize -> {screenWidth - 2, screenHeight -
2},
                        WindowMargins -> {{0, screenWidth - 2},
{screenHeight - 2, 0}}];
                ]