Re: Matrix-Multiplication w NonCommutative Entries?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg95149] Re: Matrix-Multiplication w NonCommutative Entries?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 07:11:52 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, use Inner instead of Dot because: Inner[f,list1,list2,g] is a generalization of Dot in which f plays the role of multiplication and g of addition. Regards Jens Thomas wrote: > Hi there, > I want to multiply matrices with quaternionic entries in Mathematica. Dot (.) uses normal multiplication (*) for the entries. I need to change this to NonCommutativeMultiply (**) Then this would work with the Quaternions package. > Does anybody know, how to do this? > > Thanks a lot, > > Thomas >