Re: Matrix-Multiplication w NonCommutative Entries?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg95149] Re: Matrix-Multiplication w NonCommutative Entries?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 07:11:52 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
use Inner instead of Dot because:
Inner[f,list1,list2,g] is a generalization of Dot in which f plays the
role of multiplication and g of addition.
> Hi there,
> I want to multiply matrices with quaternionic entries in Mathematica. Dot (.) uses normal multiplication (*) for the entries. I need to change this to NonCommutativeMultiply (**) Then this would work with the Quaternions package.
> Does anybody know, how to do this?
> Thanks a lot,
Prev by Date:
Re: GroebnerBasis never finishes
Next by Date:
Re: How to solve an equation with Gamma function in it?
Previous by thread:
Matrix-Multiplication w NonCommutative Entries?
Next by thread:
Series question: limiting total derivative order