Matrix-Multiplication w NonCommutative Entries?

Hi there,
I want to multiply matrices with quaternionic entries in Mathematica. Dot (.) uses normal multiplication (*) for the entries. I need to change this to NonCommutativeMultiply (**) Then this would work with the Quaternions package.
Does anybody know, how to do this?

Thanks a lot,

Thomas