Re: Question on making a piecewise function periodic tia sal2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95274] Re: Question on making a piecewise function periodic tia sal2
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 05:51:36 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I do not understand fully what you want to do. But, to make a function

periodic is a piece of cake. E.g. if we want some function f to have

period L we may define an operator:

makeper[f_,L_]= f[Mod[#,L]]&

Here is an example. We want a sine with periode: 1:

sin1= makeper[Sin,1]

you may plot the result: Plot[sin1[x],{x,0,3}]

Of course, when you make a function periodic with the wrong periode, you

will get y discontinuity.

hope this helps, Daniel