Re: How to modify an Excel file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95333] Re: How to modify an Excel file
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:14:56 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

assume that you have an Excell sheet with 1,2 in the first row and 3,4

in the second row saved to a file "d:/tmp/t.xls". Read it in Mathematica by:

d = Import["d:/tmp/t.xls"]

this gives: {{{1., 2.}, {3., 4.}}}

now we add 10 to every cell and save it in "d:/tmp/t1.xls"by:

d=d+10;

Export["d:/tmp/t1.xls", d]

If you open this file, you will see that all the cells are changed.

hope this helps, Daniel