Re: Moving $UserBaseDirectory makes all paclets do not working

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95362] Re: Moving $UserBaseDirectory makes all paclets do not working
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 06:11:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I have tried that you suggest. The result is recreating the Paclets
> directory and it's content. Nevertheless paclets still do not work.

I have now take the time to try what you do. If I set
MATHEMATICA_USERBASE to an empty directory, then everything seems to
work, including DataPaclets (only thing to move might be the mathpass
file, if that is in your old USERBASE). In that directory I have grepped
all files for the name of that directory and it tells me that some
binary files within Paclet\Configuration match the string, so I would
guess these are a candidate for your problem.

Have you tried to only copy those files to your new USERBASE that you
know what they are good for? You might want to try an empty directory
first, if that works copy and try until you find the offending file(s)...

hth,

albert