Which editor do you use for math articles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95350] Which editor do you use for math articles
  • From: TL <latev at shaw.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 06:09:29 -0500 (EST)

Although Mathematica 7 is a very powerful peace of software as far as
the computational part goes it turns out to be quite limited and
unstable when it comes to word editing and processing, despite the
claims in the help that it is almost as powerful as WinWord.
For example it crashed multiple times on me while I was trying to setup
the right fonts and sizes, as  a result I lost all my work several
times, it also messed up my fonts, sizes, styles, settings for the
equations, its undo is totally useless and I couldn't figure out how to
format a text and a graphic in two or more columns and display them side
by side in a notebook as well as how to control what goes on what page
and while printing to PDF often it wouldn't print all pages, but just
the first 2-3.

All that said I'm wondering what program to use to write my work in, and
I'm asking for advice - is WinWord any better when it comes to handling
equations?
Any other choices?

What is the best way to export Mathematica 7 equations and graphics?