Re: Which editor do you use for math articles

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg95367] Re: [mg95350] Which editor do you use for math articles
  • From: "Tugrul Temel" <temelt at>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 05:25:58 -0500 (EST)

I faced exactly the same troubles you describe. I do not know how to
correct these inconveniencies caused by font changes and crashes...Please
let me know if you are advised good recommendations.

> Although Mathematica 7 is a very powerful peace of software as far as
> the computational part goes it turns out to be quite limited and
> unstable when it comes to word editing and processing, despite the
> claims in the help that it is almost as powerful as WinWord.
> For example it crashed multiple times on me while I was trying to setup
> the right fonts and sizes, as  a result I lost all my work several
> times, it also messed up my fonts, sizes, styles, settings for the
> equations, its undo is totally useless and I couldn't figure out how to
> format a text and a graphic in two or more columns and display them side
> by side in a notebook as well as how to control what goes on what page
> and while printing to PDF often it wouldn't print all pages, but just
> the first 2-3.
> All that said I'm wondering what program to use to write my work in, and
> I'm asking for advice - is WinWord any better when it comes to handling
> equations?
> Any other choices?
> What is the best way to export Mathematica 7 equations and graphics?

With kind regards,
Tugrul Temel

Director and Associate Prof. of Economics
ECOREC Economic Research & Consulting

tel  :  +31 (0)20 683 63 79
email:  temelt at
url  :