Re: usage of TrigToExp?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg95441] Re: [mg95431] usage of TrigToExp?
- From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 02:54:23 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200901181032.FAA13971@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at longhorns.com
I suspect you've given x a value, but I'm not sure what value would give those results. TrigToExp[Cos[2 x]] 1/2 E^(-2 I x) + 1/2 E^(2 I x) TrigToExp[Cos[y] Sin[x]] 1/4 I (E^(-I x) - E^(I x)) (E^(-I y) + E^(I y)) Bobby On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 04:32:48 -0600, zatuch <zatuch at gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > Results from function TrigToExp seemed weird to me. Could anyone > please give me a good explanation on its usage. Thanks a lot. > > In:= TrigToExp[Cos[2 x]] > During evaluation of In:= Nonreal::warning: Nonreal number > encountered. > Out= Nonreal > > In:= TrigToExp[Cos[y] Sin[x]] > Out= 0 > > Zatuch > -- DrMajorBob at longhorns.com