Re: Debugging Mathematica Code (Mathematica 7)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95510] Re: Debugging Mathematica Code (Mathematica 7)
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 05:48:34 -0500 (EST)

"m.g." <mg at michaelgamer.de> wrote in message
news:gl1okn$dpb$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Hello Experts,
>
>  I made my fist steps with the Mathematica (so called) debugger and
> stumbled
> immediately. Is there anywhrere a documentation of this tool that is
> worth it's name (a criterion which the Mathematica 7 documentatin on debug
> surely fails). I've tried a lot, but I'm still at the stage "trial an
> error".
>
> Greetings
>
> Mike

If you ever figure out how to use the Mathematica debugger, please post here
and let me know. I could never ever figure it out. I tried. It is a mystery.

I think the Mathematica experts would tell you that Mathematica do not
require debugging. This might be true for the experts, but someone of us
still need to use a debugger once in a while.

I wish Mathematica would one day come with an easy to use debugger.

--Nasser