Re: What is QGamma[q,z]

Hello,

   well, I would suggest that you read the articles

  http://mathworld.wolfram.com/q-Analog.html
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-analog

which gives you definitions and applications of these generalizations
of well known function. Maybe easiest to understand is the Q exponential
as a generalization of the standard exponential

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q-exponential

In principle, the definitions of these Q functions is given perfectly in
the Mathematica documentation. However, it appears a standard difficulty
of such a documentation, that it cannot teach you the mathematical
background or give an overview of applications. Otherwise it would get
just too vast. So, I agree that for the uninitiated some Mathematica
functions may appear to be completely mysterious at first (or even
second) sight and even after carefully reading the documentation. I do
not see how this could be avoided. Maybe there should be a referenz
section with links into the (internet) literture. But this is not new to
Mathematica 6 or 7. Even old stuff, like LUDecomposition[] for example,
cannot be understood from the Mathematica documentation alone. One has
to go to a good book or so.

Michael