Re: Why does the Shooting Method fail?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95701] Re: Why does the Shooting Method fail?
  • From: "Frank Kampas" <fkampas at verizon.net>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:51:49 -0500 (EST)

The shooting method can fail for non-linear differential equations because
the solution becomes singular for some values of the initial conditions.  In
such cases, quasi-linearization is a better approach.

http://library.wolfram.com/conferences/conference98/abstracts/iterative_solution.html

news:gl721c$c95$1 at smc.vnet.net...