Re: Re: Re: Re: Which editor do you use for math

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95715] Re: [mg95629] Re: [mg95595] Re: [mg95552] Re: Which editor do you use for math
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:54:29 -0500 (EST)

This is a bit off-topic - apologies in advance.

Included below is a nearly minimal file demonstrating how to use any
Mac font with XeLaTeX.  If you save the text below as a file named
"temp.tex" you can produce a PDF file by typing

	xelatex temp.tex

The "magic" required to use any system-installed Mac font is the
"fontspec" package.  The \setmainfont command sets the default font
for the document. (There are other commands for setting the default
monospace font, etc.) If you want to change the font within your
document, you need to use the \fontspec command. Changing the size can
be done by changing the value of Size=NN to another value.  If you
have TeXLive installed, you should be able to get documentation for
the fontspec package by typing "texdoc fontspec" at the command line.

But, I agree, it does take some sleuthing to figure this out.

Jason

\documentclass[]{article}
\usepackage[]{fontspec}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setmainfont{Book Antiqua}

\begin{document}
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

\fontspec[SizeFeatures={{Size=16}}]{Hoefler Text}
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

\fontspec[SizeFeatures={{Size=18}}]{Arial Narrow}
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
\end{document}

--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method