Re: Concatenating of Graphicsprimitives?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101323] Re: Concatenating of Graphicsprimitives?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:35:03 -0400 (EDT)

On 6/30/09 at 6:33 AM, siegman at stanford.edu (AES) wrote:

>Any command akin to the Join[list1, list2] command for "Joining"
>(concatenating) two Graphics[{}] lists into a single Graphics[]
>list?

>Executing

>g1 = Graphics[Table[Circle[{0,0},r],{r,1,3}]];
>g2 = Graphics[Table[Circle[{0,0},r],{r,4,5}]];
>g={g1, g2};

>g    (* A new cell *)

>Show[g]  (* Another new cell *)

>is entertaining -- if not exactly educational.

Your comment here is puzzling. Were you expecting something
different? If so, what?

Additionally, I have trouble making sense of your question.
Combining two *lists* into one list is done with Join regardless
of whether the elements of the lists are graphics or something else.

Combining two graphics into a single graphic is done with Show.