any front-end equivalent for WaitForAnswer()?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101903] any front-end equivalent for WaitForAnswer()?
  • From: divisor <congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 06:22:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hello MathGroup:

Back in January I asked about this here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_thread/thread/722317691f8665a1/7cb5c3d7a215ce93?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=congruentialuminaire#7cb5c3d7a215ce93

If I run a "different notebook" using FrontEndExecute[], the commands
seem to execute in "any" order, rather than sequential order. They
even seem to run in parallel. So I wanted each one to wait for the
completion of the previous one.

I just stumbled across this iKernelLink method, WaitForAnswer(). I
just realized that this is what I want to do in my notebook.

Is there any such front end command?

TIA.

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory