models in 3d surfaces in Mathematica for fish

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101980] models in 3d surfaces in Mathematica for fish
  • From: Roger Bagula <roger.bagula at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 04:16:34 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fractalmusic/3743388488/
This was my first efforts using my aerodynamic surfaces to approximate
a swordfish:
the fastest fish known. ( Sailfish have a similar body but a larger
fin on the top).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fractalmusic/3744948688/
Better looking fins took some effort to program!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fractalmusic/3745822307/
This body surface using my jet 3d surface is closer
to looking like the actual swordfish.

I also have a Library of airplane models as 3d surfaces.