Re: How can I "perturbate" a NDSolve expresion?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102039] Re: [mg102000] How can I "perturbate" a NDSolve expresion?
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 05:56:05 -0400 (EDT)

But then wouldn't A be a function of t, which you could define with a
Piecewise statement?

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: Iv=E1n Lazaro [mailto:gaminster at gmail.com]

Hi all!

I'm trying to make a perturbation to a equation while NDSolve is doing his
job.

Suppose the equation is x'[t]=A*F(x[t]); where A is a parameter matrix, and
x'[t] are n-dimensional variables; i need that when integration time is, for
example, 10, the parameters change in some amount. Another posibility is
that each time step I generate a random number, and if it is less than
0.001, the parameters change in some amount.

Is it possible using NDSolve, or I have to write the integrator routine?

Thanks!