Re: Mathematica bug??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg100557] Re: Mathematica bug??
- From: oshaughn <oshaughn at gravity.psu.edu>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 02:05:01 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Apologies ... this was a side effect of redefining 'Power' / the infix operator ^ to do wedge products for differential forms. Apparently Inverse calls Power during this inversion, at least for some of the terms (?). Hence the bug. The code worked when I wrote it (found it?) 10 years ago, ugly as it was. But mathematica changes since then make this old kludge fail. Thanks to all who replied, -Richard