Re: Re: RandomReal gets stuck

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100730] Re: [mg100687] Re: RandomReal gets stuck
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:45:08 -0400 (EDT)

> And Mathematica does not recognizes
> input Subscript[a,i] as equivalent to a[i].

You mean something like zero doesn't come from

a[1] - Subscript[a, 1]

for instance?

and

a[1] === Subscript[a, 1]

False

That's true, but when using this trick I never actually type or use the
subscripted form; I only see it. So there's no chance the conflict can
occur for me.

Subscripts also disappear if you assign values, such as in

a[2] = 3; a[2]

3

a[j] displays subscripted for any j where a[j] is undefined.

Maybe you won't find it useful, but maybe you will. I don't know.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com