Re: RandomReal gets stuck

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100687] Re: RandomReal gets stuck
  • From: Alexey <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:07:36 -0400 (EDT)

tBox[ToString@a,i_],f_]:=MakeExpression[RowBox[{ToString@a,"[",i,"]"}]];MakeBoxes[a[i_],f_]:=SubscriptBox[MakeBoxes[a,f],MakeBoxes[i,f]]]

> The result is that you can refer to a[i] or Subscript[a,i]
> interchangeably, but it always displays in the subscripted form. I find it
> much easier to use a[i] while typing formulas, so I'm getting the best of
> both worlds.
>
> Not sure if that addresses everything brought up on the thread, of course.
>
> Bobby

It is very interesting, thank you. But as I understand the definition
aa=ToString[a]
inside Block is not necessary. And Mathematica does not recognizes
input Subscript[a,i] as equivalent to a[i]. There seems to be some
errors in the code.